Walt,

The problem that I have with you analogies is that they do not include the
UN.  They had involvement.  They were dealing with the situation.  GW Bush
said that they were irrelevant.

So...

The bartender said let Drunk B sober up as he will keep an eye on him until
Drunk B can take himself safely out of the bar.  Drunk A said forget that
and shoots Drunk B.  The bartender cuts off Drunk A while he is demanding
more to drink.  Rather than try to convince Drunk A that he should leave,
all the other drunks are passing him more to drink.  The bartender is
trying to cut off everyone but they are all jumping behind the bar and
stealing the booze.  Mind you they all agreed that they would not jump
behind the bar when they walked in but because drunk A is a real jerk with
a gun, all bets are off.

cheers,

fred

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511