MM,

I thought that I was loosing this very interesting issue. Regarding links
of appliances, we can revisit SunDanzer.

<http://www.sundanzer.com/PDF/SunDanzer_Batt_Free_Tech_Sh.pdf>http://www.sundanzer.com/PDF/SunDanzer_Batt_Free_Tech_Sh.pdf

At the beginning they say "The unit operates using a variable speed
compressor, peak power tracking, thick insulation, and a internal thermal
storage to optimize cooling efficiency.". They are actually describing what
I have been saying so many times. It works for fridges and it works for
large office buildings. The large efficiency gains are not because it runs
from solar panel, because if it ran from a AC driven AC to DC converter, it
would still be a very efficient fridge and outperform most fridges in the
market with large margin, in the very worst case using 10W more. The large
gains are from variable output and control methods. Then it have added
insulation and thermal storage, instead of charging batteries, also very
smart and necessary for a solar only driven unit.

http://www.toshiba-aircon.co.uk/products/flysheets/DIGITAL%20INVERTER%20BROCHURE.PDF

http://www.aar.co.nz/brands/toshiba.html

http://www.eastsiderefrigeration.co.nz/Heat_Pumps.shtml
Look at Inverter Technology.

http://www.fujitsugeneral.co.jp/english/new/spl/spl.html

http://www.infineon.com/cmc_upload/migrated_files/document_files/Others/Airconbrochure-2.pdf

http://www.bdt.co.nz/comfortmaster/apps.asp

http://www.bdt.co.nz/comfortmaster/apps.asp

Search for air conditioner inverter technology or variants, you get a lot
of non US sites. I was surprised about that.

They are using a lot of marketing BS, but it is simple - DC driven
compressor - and control to utilize it.
I already explained how it worked. Have been used in large computer room AC
systems for years, were it important to keep both temperature and humidity
within certain limits. It is so long time ago, that I encountered the
technology, that I do not remember when. Only needed development of
consumer products.

As I said "ready for use" energy saving and maybe a "silver bullet" type of
technology. Have been there and known for many years, not a new and exiting
technology, only a technology that does the job..

They say that the purchase price is around 10% of the life time cost, so
you can easily claim that the first you buy would be paid back by savings
in 3 to 5 years. VERY GOOD INVESTMENT IN ENERGY EFFICIENCY !!!!!!!!!

Hakan

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511