>>I don't know if I agree or disagree with the notion that the Bush
>>administration "hasn't done enough" to get OPEC and other related
>>partners to lower their pricing.  Bush did do plenty after 9-11 to
>>twist the Arms of the Saudis to come down on Al-Queda, and he probably
>>twisted their arms to keep the price of oil down to us.
>
>Is that what happened? Seems to be a nest of snakes, the subject of
>Bush and Saudi Arabia. Have you seen all this?
>
>"House of Bush, House of Saud" by journalist Craig Unger, four
>excerpts at Salon.com (you need a day-pass, no big hassle):
>
>http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2004/03/11/unger_1/index.html
>The great escape
>
>http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2004/03/12/unger_2/index.html
>Did the Saudis buy a president?
>
>http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2004/03/15/unger_3/index.html
>The Arabian candidate
>
>http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2004/03/16/unger_4/index.html
>Lost in transition

You did not reference the interesting one about tallying the donations to the
House of Bush from the House of Saud, over the last thirty years or so.

The Day Pass could be improved.  It required me to lower my cookie setting to an
abusrdly low level (forget privacy or security) and I disabled my firewall for
the duration of the day pass as well, because my firewall is what stops popups
(although I could have done better on that).

The visit by one of the Saud HOuse to the Texs ranch for a few days last year
was I think reportedly kind of testy.  That's what I had in mind by arm
twisting.  Plus the actual rounding up of some Al-Q in Saudi Arabia.