--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We had a message a few weeks back from someone taking exception to
> report that the current US administration was ignoring ready-to-use
> technologies in its energy, um, what to say, energy schemes. As a
> "sceptical engineer" he demanded examples, data, references and so
> on. So sure of himself. Nobody replied, but I thought I heard some
> off-list sighs, and maybe someone muttered "PNGV". All there in the
> archives: billions in public funds went into the development of
three
> diesel hybrids that achieved 80 mpg and were well within range of
> marketing - scrapped, shelved. Never discussed or mentioned, the
> program replaced by large-scale fuel-cell handouts.

Wow, sure is friendly around here.

I tried to catch up on the group after two weeks away (vacation and
work travel) and that's the night Yahoo picks to eat messages.  I'll
try again, so I hope this doesn't come through twice.

Anyway, I think that's me you're talking about.  I don't trust _any_
single data point.  I look at every article, study, etc. to see what
the bias is.  It's there, in various degrees, no matter if the source
is a school, research group, government, company, special interest
group, or just some guy.  I look for the bias in many articles and
then blend the info to see what is really happening.

We also learned that I sometimes can't spell.  8^)

In that post and some others I made, I simply stated what my previous
reading and experiences had led me to believe.  I try to show the data
I use for these opinions, and I ask for references to info that I
don't have and is not presented in the article.  In this case either
I'm wrong or the article's author is, and I'm interested in finding
the real facts.  Is this not acceptable behavior on this list?

Thanks for the PNGV teaser, I already found their main site last night
and I will read more.  This is the kind of stuff that the usual
automotive press doesn't cover so not everyone knows it is out there.

As for the forklift discussion that started this whole thread. . .
Almost every warehouse I've worked in did not allow any IC (diesel,
gasoline, propane, etc.) forktrucks, only electric.  The fuel burning
added moisture to the air which could damage the product and the
elevated CO levels could be a problem for people.  With all the work
on indoor air quality these days, adding CO is not what you want to
do.  I've installed plantwide CO monitoring as part of a HVAC system
and it improves worker comfort as well as providing reductions in HVAC
energy use.

Just train the people well on battery safety and proper PPE.  You
don't want to be there when a forktruck battery explodes!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511