Keith,

I join your efforts!

I am the strongest proponent of returning biomass to soil as soil amendment.  I
began the world's largest composting program twelve years ago.  Now it is
returning 1.2 million tons per year of ag wastes back to farmland as soil
amendment each year.

Please consider that converting the carbon molecule in cellulose from a high
grade ethanol feedstock to a lower grade soil amendment will work only if the
ethanol wastes are taken back to the area where the crops were produced.  The
farmer enters an unspoken agreement with nature that, if a crop is produced,
the residues must be put back into the soil to regenerate the soil.  We are now
in a society where wastes can be moved hundreds of miles from their production
location and never make it back.  Landfills are a classic example.

I am on a personal mission to recover organic wastes currently going into
landfills first as biogas and return those residues to soil as soil amendment.
Keep organics out of the landfill completely - they are a soil resource and a
landfill is a needless waste of the product.  Biogas biology has had a recent
revolution making the economics much more favorable and the gas can easily be
burned in stationary diesel engines to produce electricity and recoverable heat
energy.

I have a national model which takes each community water treatment biodigester
and converts it into an improved biogas and soil amendment producer from
biosolids and food wastes.

Keep blowing the soil health/fertility/sustainability bugle and I will form up
with you.

Art Krenzel, P.E.
PHOENIX TECHNOLOGIES
10505 NE 285TH Street