What about BC International Corporation located in Massachusetts,
U.S.?  From what I have read from their website, they have already
been converting cellulosic biomass to ethanol for some time now.
They claim to have numerous patents on their technology, so it sounds
like this is big business.  How would one check out the credibility
of a company such as this?

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Darryl McMahon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "riored96" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>
> > Is Iogen for real,or bs.
> > http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/04/22/sci-tech/biofuel040422
> >

> I guess it depends what you mean by "for real".  The company is
real.  They have at
> least 2 buildings here in the Ottawa area.  They have had displays
at several
> environmental events that I have attended over the past decade.  I
have had some
> contact with them over the years, and until very recently, they
were not producing
> ethanol beyond the lab scale.  They have been receiving grants and
monies from a
> couple of petroleum companies (Shell and Petro-Canada) over the
years to continue
> research on producing ethanol from cellulose stock.  They have
certainly had
> support from our federal minister of the Environment for years.
>
> As for the efficiency of the process, or how well it has scaled up,
I have no idea.

> The truck that appeared in the TV item I saw belonged to a local
petroleum retailer
> (MacEwen's), that have been one of the strongest local proponents
of ethanol
> blended gasoline for several years now.
>
> The one print article I have seen was a bit of a mess (Ottawa
Citzen newspaper),