Hi,
  There is another way for the firewall. Use an old (anything from a P2 up)
and run IPCop on it. Refer to their website <ipcop.org>
  This system is a dedicated Linux Firewall I have been using for over 12
months. It is easy to configure, & requires no knowledge of Linux (although a
read of the IPCop documentation is recommended...) It is an easy download of
under 40M.
  My IPCop firewall has been running continuously for over 8 months without
being rebooted! (My Linux box also never gets rebooted - I leave it on
24x7x52x...., until I reload it with a new distribution, or fit new
hardware.)

regards Doug

PS: Linux systems also do not need rebooting after new software installation!