I have used this to refill small camping cylinders. This process needs to be
performed in a well ventillated area, away from flames, etc. Perform this at
your own risk.....
 If you can get the valve open, it may be possible to decant into another
empty bottle. To achieve this, it would be necessary to make a link
pipe/fittings so the tank to be emptied is upside down over the tank to be
filled. The liquid gas will then flow from the top bottle, into the bottom
bottle, once both valves are open, & the vent is loosened, the liquid propane
will flow into the lower bottle.

regards Doug