Hallo Luc,

Go  to   http://www.kanolaboratories.com  and  check  out  their  rust
penetrants and removers.  A bit pricey but they work well.  I and many
other printers I know use them to loosen bolts on old presses.  Really
a sort ow "wonder" product.

Hope this helps.

Happy Happy,

Gustl

Wednesday, 01 September, 2004, 07:02:12, you wrote:

b> " Now I have to find out just what it is going to take to get the
b> valve cover off the non-empty tank, with out turning my self into a
b> fireball."
b> In my case it would be a plumber with professinal knowledge of gas :)
b> This stuff scares me; it's great for the BBQ but can go "boom" way
b> too easily. Let a pro do it.

b> L.

b> --- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> In a message dated 8/30/2004 10:52:34 PM Central Standard Time,
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>> Hello,
>>        The 100 lb tank is 100 lb of LPG with no consideration for
b> the 70 lb
>> tare weight of the container . I believe the true weight of
b> contents is closer
>> to 30 lb or 7 gallons of LPG
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> > Ok, $38 later, I have 3 100 lb tanks, 1 30 lb tank, and 1 20 lb
b> tank.

>> > The kicker is that one of the 100 lb tanks, weighs in at 92
b> lbs., which
>> > tells me it's almost full - I think that the reason that it was
b> sold to me, is
>> > that the valve cover is rusted into place, and I half to remove
b> it.    Can we
>> > say TRICKY?
>> >
>> > The other 2 100 lb tanks, also have the valve covers rusted on
b> them, but,
>> > they are empty.
>> >
>> > The 20 lb tank is standard BBQ grill tank, and the 30 lb tank
b> has 2 threaded
>> > holes at the top.
>> >
>> > For the most part, they have just a light surface rusting, so
b> they are
>> > steel, and not aluminum.
>> >
>> > Even saw some 250 gal tanks, but, I just would not be able fit
b> them, into
>> > the back of my Land Cruiser
>> >
>> > Now I have to find out just what it is going to take to get the
b> valve cover
>> > off the non-empty tank, with out turning my self into a
b> fireball.    Does
>> > anyone have any ideas?
>> >
>> > Greg H.

b> Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
b> http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html

b> Biofuels list archives:
b> http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/

b> Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
b> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
b> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
b> Yahoo! Groups Links

--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
Mitglied-Team AMIGA
ICQ: 22211253-Gustli
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Straße liegen,
daß sie gerade deshalb von der gewöhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth