  From: Doug Foskey
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 15:23
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] Old propane tanks

    I have used this to refill small camping cylinders. This process needs to
be
  performed in a well ventillated area, away from flames, etc. Perform this at
  your own risk.....
  If you can get the valve open, it may be possible to decant into another
  empty bottle. To achieve this, it would be necessary to make a link
  pipe/fittings so the tank to be emptied is upside down over the tank to be
  filled. The liquid gas will then flow from the top bottle, into the bottom
  bottle, once both valves are open, & the vent is loosened, the liquid propane
  will flow into the lower bottle.

  regards Doug

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/FGYolB/TM