apparently humanity is a freak in nature... we are the only animal wihout a natural predator (that we know so far), this is one of the reasons we are spreading as a plague.
F.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 1:37 PM
Subject: RE: Re[2]: [Biofuel] Re: [Off Topic]US to sell 5000 smart bombs toIsrael

Hello All,

The Human Race is no doubt slowly destroying the
planet we inhabit. This continuous methodical
destruction will at some point reach critical
mass. Debates continue over Global warming with
both side attempting to prove it's existence or
lake thereof. When the focus should be on
addressing the known problems and researching ways
to ensure our future.

It never fails to amaze me that so many people are
enamored with blasting the United States and its
leadership and even going as far as labeling
America the Great Evil and comparing President
Bush to Adolph Hitler. I've read so many post on
this list attacking America and President Bush but
I have not seen any critiquing Sadam Hussein, the
Warlords of the African continent, Kim Chong-il,
or the terrorist who killed hundreds of children
in Chechnya. While it appears to be trendy to
criticize the US and it's leadership I guess these
people get a pass for their most heinous action
http://www.channel4.com/news/2004/06/week_2/09_sud
an.html (Sudan Crisis).

Ethnic cleansing claims the lives of hundreds upon
thousands of innocent people every year. It's this
fact that people from different religious and
ethnic groups around the world can't accept each
other that fuels many of the wars of today. Don't
get me wrong, I don't believe for one minute that
oil is not an important part of why American
troops are in Iraq today. It is a simple fact that
if a country needs a resource that they are
lacking, they will go to war to get it, or protect
it. That is one of the primary reasons for Japan's
invasion of China in WWII and it's attack on Pearl
Harbor. The global shortage of today is primarily
energy, mostly in the form of oil. And it's
getting worse
http://www.janes.com/business/news/fr/fr040421_1_n
.shtml (Oil Crisis). But soon there will be
another major resource that wars will be waged
over
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/w
orld/2000/world_water_crisis/default.stm (Water
Crisis). Which will in turn produce another
resource shortage the will generate even more wars
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0831-01.ht
m (Food Crisis).

But then there is one more crisis that may very
well be the end to resource shortages, wars, and
our planet killing lifestyles.
96114 (AIDS Epidemic). If this crisis is left
unchecked it could reduce the global population to
levels where the available resources can then meet
the demand and wars will not be so necessary for
ensuring a future existence.

I don't believe governments of the world hold the
solution to our problems. If consumers stop buying
certain products or services all together, then
pretty soon those products and services will be
gone. Countries can correct their unemployment
rates and trade deficits without government
intervention when their citizens buy products
produced within their own country. If we, the
citizens of the world would simply do as I have
read many post hear before, produce some(food,
fuel, etc) for yourself with a little extra for
our neighbor then we can stop the methodical
destruction of our world. But thinking the
governments of this world will take the lead is a
fallacy. It's grass roots or bust!

Of course, who would care what I have to
say...really. I'm just an American "Redneck" with
a low IQ of 160.

If you read this far I hope you can accept me for
who I am and work with me in spite of our
differences so that we can "together" make a
difference in saving this planet we share.

Tim