Hello Enthusiasts,

There are sections of this recent post from Robert that are so powerful
that they need to be repeated.  I read it several times and excuse me
for highlighting what I consider as important elements, but here goes...

"Alfred E. Newman" debates "Farmer John".  I changed some of the wording
to suit my frame of mind and added a few paragraphs.  Sometimes three
people in a post are confusing.  Too bad we can't use different colors
to understand who is talking.

And it is true that...  "Many Americans believe that we act with the
world's best interest in mind."  It all started in school and church.
Our beliefs can't change without replacing them with a new belief.
Therefore, when we rip out a deeply imbedded belief, we need a new one
to pop into its place.  This is basic to human nature

"Those of us who live most anywhere else <sic> have very little say in
national politics, as the candidates are essentially chosen for us by
the political system on the east coast.  I watched the debate in stunned
amazement that "Mickey Mouse" and "Dopey" are both vying for the
opportunity to <sic> feed their egos as king of the country for a short
while.  Nuclear or not...there are so many different issues that are too
federally controlled.

Most all of us would <sic> like to have a section on the ballot that
says "Neither candidate is suitable.  Please try again."

> But let's back on biofuel subject : at last Kyoto protocol has been
> ratified and the US industry will be obliged to make efforts to
compete
> with more virtuous companies especially in Europe. It should be good
for
> the planet...and the americans who are living on. Despite their
government.

This next statement does not make sense... especially when applied to
rural economic development.  Returning the power back to the farmers for
self-sufficiency and producing an excess to sell to others is agreeable.
I will meet with both Department of Ag and Department of Energy people
from a western state in a couple of weeks.  They are ready, willing, and
able to help start-up people.... and this is not BIG BUSINESS or
industry.  This is a community project that is intended to be cloned
throughout the state.  And it is biomass focused on waste materials.  No
fertilizers or pesticides involved!!!

> Biofuel is suspected to be a carbon wells but with a bad ecological
> balance when produced even from organic and extensive agriculture if
far
> from consumption places and if the fuel needs heavy process.

We have discussed this problem at length in this forum.  Regional and
community level energy resource development must follow after
conservation, otherwise, we'll end up with Big Agribusiness displacing
Big Oil.

> One of the only ecologicaly interresting way right now is in a "short
> circuit" meaning local organic production of vegetal oil and local
> consumption in basic diesel motors (or more efficient special built
ones)

So why can't you guys understand that there are two players in the
biofuels arena.  Biodiesel and Fuel Ethanol.  Fuel ethanol is quite
legal in most places and can utilize waste materials.  I sound like a
broken record, but the premises is that many SMALL PRODUCTION FACILITIES
can do more ultimate good than the huge facilities supported by the
government.  And we intend to prove this again and again and again.  I
hope to set up a web site soon.  All it takes is time and money and/ or
a little know how.

        You have your finger on an important principle.  As you describe

further on, sometimes government gets in the way of such progress.
This is true in Canada as well.  I cannot produce ethanol for my
vehicle where I live.  It's illegal to do so.  I'm allowed to waste a
lot of electricity making hydrogen from the grid (and run my vehicle
on H2), but I'm not permitted to distill ethanol.  There are farms all
over the valley where I live that simply burn their "agricultural
residue" and pollute the air (rather than gasifying it for energy),
but I can't aid in cleaning the airshed by burning ethanol in my truck.

And you mentioned two important things in this paragraph.  First, our
system to make fuel ethanol runs on cellulosic waste.  And second, our
system comes with a generator that produces electricity.  What you do
with that electricity is your business.  You can sell it back to the
electrical company or use it for your own purposes...even to produce
hydrogen, if you like.  Perhaps you should be working toward legalizing
fuel ethanol at this time.  And when you are ready to set up a real
system and do some real good, we can help.

Peggy