I enjoy reading your e-mails. Are you a publisher? I have something interesting to tell you that will probably be a bit of a surprise. I n 2001, I developed a theoretical model for a neutrino beam source that would stop the nuclear bomb from reaching critical mass. Therefore no explosion! I sent these details to the British government but I received no real financial compensation for this project. I have heard that some tests are being conducted in secret underground bases but this might be a rumour. What should I do with this project to seek financial rewards? Any idea?

Thanks

Martin

From: "Peggy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [Biofuel] Deuterium: The Alternative Power Source
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:39:55 -0500

Thank you Robert for the collection/ storage summary on hydrogen.  I
also read your book info.  You are very good.  Maybe sometime you could
tell me off list about your publishing career. I seem to have too many
interests... Do most of your book buyers prefer a paper copy or the
e-copy?  Just curious....  By the way, if anyone ever takes time to
enjoy a good book, you may want to peruse Robert's web site.  It also
gives a summary of his dedication to help save his world.  I'm sure that
we all have our little stories about things that changed our commitment
to be a positive link in making an environmental difference.

Best wishes,
Peggy

On Behalf Of robert luis rabello

Peggy wrote:

> Hello skeptics,
>
> <snip> Since the number one problem with hydrogen collection is the
> retention or storage process, then a collection system is a priority
in
> forwarding a hydrogen-based fuel.
Can anyone explain the collection (storage) design
> potential or any hydrogen collection/ storage design system?

... there are a few ways that hydrogen can be stored.  The first is as a
gas, either in low pressure containers, or high pressure cylinders.
Typically, a cylinder that supplies natural gas for a vehicle stores the
gas at roughly 34 Mega Pascals, or 340 atmospheres.  Hydrogen suffers
from
low energy density and only "stores" 1 / 3 the energy of an equivalent
volume of natural gas.  This means that a vehicle must carry more fuel
in multiple cylinders, store more fuel at higher pressure, or suffer
even shorter ranges than are typical of a battery EV.

        Hydrogen can be liquefied and stored in a dewar.  This increases

energy density 100 fold, but also carries a significant energy
penalty, as liquefaction requires roughly 1 / 3 the energy content of
the fuel.

        Hydrides are intermetallic compounds that store hydrogen in the
interstitial spaces between molecules, absorbing the gas when cool,
and releasing it when heated up.  These are intrinsically safe, as the
reaction is endothermic and will stop quite rapidly if heat is not
continuously supplied.  However, most hydrides are heavy, expensive,
prone to contamination and breakdown of the hydride particles after
cycling several thousand times.  This would require them to be
replaced periodically, adding to the cost of an already expensive
storage method.

        Another way of "storing" hydrogen involves linking it to another

molecule.  Borohydrates have been proposed as an interesting solution
for this purpose.  Carbon atoms also bond with hydrogen quite nicely.
  God invented plants a long time ago that have been dutifully
stripping water molecules of their hydrogen and quietly bonding the
element with carbon from animal breath for as long as life has existed
on earth.  You, of course, already know this. :-)