Another suggestion. If you are composting woody plants or tree trimmings add some ammonium nitrate or urea fertilizer. The micro organisms that break down this material take up a lot of nitrogen so if you increase the available nitrogen you can speed up the process. Also, if you mulch trees with wood chips it is a good idea to add these compounds to the mulch because the organisms breaking down the wood chips will take the nitrogen from the soil and tie it up robbing your tree. You get it back eventually when the micro organisms themselves decompose but in the mean time you will stunt your tree.
Rick

pan ruti wrote:

Hello TIM

You can accelerate by several biological methods which are weel documented as report in TV GLOBO excellent report and we have beeen studing simple water extraction process as well as inoculam recirculation process.

Full DETAIL WE CAN UPLOAD AND SENT FOR ANY ONE
 Correct C/N  from  10 t0  20 is needed for good
formentation and hence correct  Moisture , animal
manuare content need to be carefully controlled to
have good fermentation  degradation.

  In ASIAN RURAL AREA  GOOD COMPOST ARE ALWAYS  MADE

THANKING YOU

SD
PANNIRSELVAM

--- Tim Ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Robert,

I to have the same problem but I have more plant
material than animal manure to compost. I have two
springs and creeks on the property with good head
flow and have been pondering constructing
something of a grist mill to grind the corn stalks
etc prior to composting. Something similar may be
done with a windmill provided enough wind is
present. I may be wrong but I think it might work.
Labor intensive for loading and unloading but
better than what I am doing now.

Best Wishes,
Tim

        That issue aside, I have put the stalks, cuttings
and other fibrous
material in a heap to decay.  Aside from grinding
or shredding this
matter with a machine, is there anything I could
be doing to speed its
decomposition?

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"