Hello to all-
I have been receiving and reading the biofuel digest for a couple of months
now,and have really begun to value the wealth of information that is connected
to it.I could condsider myself a 'newbie' in the field of renewables (1-2 years
of growing interest), and could be classified as part of the 'interested
public'. I am now seeking some information on possible paths of education for a
career in some sort of renewables.As of now I don't have much more than a high
school diploma,but have a lot of mechanical apptitude.I live in northern
California,and I think that Solar is an interesting field,and it has been
growing considerably in the last few years.    What I am wondering,is if anyone
has some good suggestions on where to start.Should I just try to get in at a
lower level, i.e. installations; or first get some technical experience in say,
electrical work.This would be while I am carrying on with my current work-which
unfortunately consumes fossil fuels (natural gas -I am a scientific
 glassblower). Or should I just go for the gusto, and get a full college
education, in some broader field of work - that would enable me to be somewhere
in renewables.Please help, it is harder than you think being hypocritical in my
line of work and in thinking. Thanks- Chris