focus on this list although some of the diversions are quite educational

In the end, what binds us all together is our desire  for the common
comforts of life, the very things that these victims in Asia are lacking.
We can talk about it or we can atempt to do something real about it.  Pass
this info to those who might be able to build these for victims.

Those needs in order of priority are:

Clean Water,
Food,
Shelter,
Warmth, etc...

Here is a simple water purification device that can be made from black
plastic, glass and some wood to take pond water and distill it into
drinkable water.  These system are commercially available or we can sponsor
sending the plans and getting local material from salvage to make these
systems.  Here is a plan if any one interested or can pass this along to
victims somehow.

http://www.txses.org/epsea/stills.html

http://www.txses.org/epsea/pdf/borderpact.pdf

Logistcally it would be hard to do anything else except donate money.

Here is website on some commercial companies making these and others, wonder
if they are doing anything for these victims?
www.solaqua.com

http://survival-trapping-fishing.com/solar.htm

OPERATION

Solar energy is allowed into the collector to heat the water. The water
evaporates only to condense on the underside of the glass. When water
evaporates, only the water vapor rises, leaving contaminants behind. The
gentle slope of the glass directs the condensate to a collection trough,
which in turn delivers the water to the collection bottle.

John Miggins
Harvest Solar & Wind Power
"renewable solutions to everyday needs"
www.harvest-energy.com