>Hi Gustl,
>Thirteen signers of the constitution were Freemasons. In order to be a member
>of the fraternity, you need to declare your faith in God. You do not have to
>subscribe to a particular religion. But, you must be monotheistic.
>
>http://www.freemasonry.org/psoc/masonicmyths.htm
>
>Mike

Lets look at what the first article (Allen's article) stated:

First, it implied that the founders were NOT religious (hook).
Then, it pointed out that the bulk of them believed in god but didn't
necessarily endorse christ to the extent that say, Pat Roberston does.  Then,
it detailed information regarding founders such as Franklyn and Paine.

I think the author was trying, in earnest, to separate the concept of
christianity from the documents used to define the creation of a sovereign
nation.  To presume god and jesus are the same is a christian belief.  I think
its difficult for many christians to comprehend that others don't hold this
belief; just as its difficult for many to comprehend that god and Ala are also
not the same.

So it stands to reason that Bush claims to be a christian (albiet a
hypocritical one) and as such he is giving his "opinion" that the cretion of
the USA was based on christianity because he believes any mention of god is
also a mention of jesus christ.

And its my belief, like many, that Bush is trying to push his set of beliefs
into the government in order to fit the agenda of his followers (not the least
of which think they too can talk to god).  Well, I can talk to god and I'm
giving him an ear full of what I think of this nonsense.  I'll report back as
soon as I get a reply.

regards,
dave