It would seem to me that if you are talking about combustion/electric hybrids,
the efficiency of the engine and the fuel you are burning for your hybrid is an
important decision. In my opinion, the public should not be influenced in a way
that makes them think that gasoline is the best or only choice for a hybrid
vehicle. So far, I think I'm preaching to the choir. But, the reason I'm
bringing this up is that there is a kind of "conventional thinking" that
gasoline is the best choice for hybrids. This has been my thinking since
listening to a radio talk show, where a guest began making comparisons between
Diesel powered vehicles and gasoline/electric hybrids. In my opinion, The
comparison is a bad one since Diesel engines can, and probably should be used
in hybrids.

In the late 80's, I made a prediction to my classmates in college that the
first hybrids will be gas turbine/electric with the assumption that turbine
technology will become more affordable in the future. ...oh well.

Mike

Paddy O'Reilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I hadn't considered a biodiesel hybrid but its a viable proposition.
Could a diesel hybrid with solar panels could be a marketable product?
Solar-only is the ultimate clean machine but we're a smidge away from
that yet.

JD2005 wrote:

> [...]

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thank You.