Dear  Micheal

     Several research have  been carried out  to mix Ethanol/Diesel ,
but not yet come well  come to comercial scale. See the  previous post
here in this group  to make microemulsion of ethanol and additives
which need to be pure , not  hydrated.
   With suitable additives which are very  effective had been  known
, but are   very  costlier and  biodeisel  can be  an additive to make
 possible the use ethanol  to  increase cetane number as reported in
some patents , but only upto maximium 10 porcent.

   Several useful links can be seen  in the old list of our group here
as follows.

sd
Pannirselvam P.V
Brasil

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 05:18:25 -0800 (PST), Michael Redler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm by no stretch of the imagination, am expert. But,
> I'd imagine that you might run into trouble as the
> alcohol brings the cetane value down, effecting
> combustion.
>
> Can sombody offer some feedback on this? Maybe (I
> hope) it's not a serious concern.
>
> MikeR
>
> --- "Thompson, Mark L. (PNB R&D)"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I was looking at the feasibility of adding a hybrid
> > Ethanol injection
> > system to
> > An old Diesel VW rabbit.
> >
> > Does anyone know how much Ethanol added to an
> > unmodified Diesel engine
> > and run properly ?
> >
> > I was considering a CSI injection system into the
> > manifold just before
> > the intake valves.
> > These are readily available at the auto Wreakers and
> > easily
> > controllable.
> > I can lower the compression ratio a bit if it would
> > allow higher
> > Ethanol/Diesel ratios but run on pure Diesel.
> >
> > The thought was to have the engine run on Diesel at
> > start and idle then
> > increase the
> > Ethanol/Diesel mixture when the RPMs and power is
> > high.
> >
> > Thanks

> > Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
> >
> > Biofuel archives at Infoarchive.net (searchable):
> > http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/

> Biofuel archives at Infoarchive.net (searchable):

 Pagandai V Pannirselvam
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte - UFRN
Departamento de Engenharia Qu’mica - DEQ
Centro de Tecnologia - CT
Programa de P—s Gradua¨‹o em Engenharia Qu’mica - PPGEQ
Grupo de Pesquisa em Engenharia de Custos - GPEC

Av. Senador Salgado Filho, Campus Universit‡rio
CEP 59.072-970 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Residence :
Av  Odilon gome de lima, 2951,
   Q6/Bl.G/Apt 102