Dear Henri and Rick,

I only like to put this "we took out Hitler" to rest. That the Americans single handed took out Hitler, is a myth that only exists in Hollywood movies.

The crucial material support from US in WWII was the deliveries of war material. The US infantry troop participation in Europe was on a low level and not crucial. By only look at the loss of soldiers, you understand clearly who was doing the major fighting.

Russia              6,000,000 troop causalities
Europe Alliance    600,000
USA                      60,000

Germany was very advanced and introduced for the first time the modern warfare and materials, with a massive air support. They tested much of it in the Spanish civil war.

US took out Japan, not on the ground, but with Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This at a time when the European part of WWII was at its end.

I do agree that the US propaganda methods was/is superior. Something that Hitler and his administration several times acknowledged and copied. This superiority is maintained even today.

Hakan