Now that Kieth has made it clear why he has a problem with some of
Dick's historical remarks, can we move on please?  The issue of
standards as quality control and Standards as government regulation
are both important to me. Once a Standard is recommended in Australia
it will quickly become law. Without meaning to give offence, I
believe that Australian biodieselers, on their own, lack the
experience to advise the regulator on the proposed standard.
What I want to know is how the practical quality control refered to
(albeit in other words)by Dick transfers into the technical language
of a formal Standard and vise versa. Quality control needs to be
simple, inexpensive and on-site. If my on-site quality control is
appropriate then I would expect that the fuel that I produce will
pass any test by a regulator. That requires that the Standard is
practical and designed only to protect the consumer-not protect the
petro-industry or the commercial intrests of a laboratory.
To that end, again, I ask for comment from all list members that I
can better judge the intention of the proposals put forward for the
Australian Standard.
If an unrealistic Australian Standard should be adopted, biodiesel
will join the black market fuel currently in use by many poorer
Australians, actually it will improve the properties of the heating
fuel and solvents currently in use. The problem though is that
biodiesel will get a bad name if it is involved in a warranty dispute
by that association. Your assistance would be appreciated.
REgards from Harry.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/9bTolB/TM