Hi:

"Hold the Phone"!  Note I am not a lawyer (and you will need one if you keep
on the road you are traveling) So take these words considering the source.
If you use the fuel "on-farm" only,  there are no tax consequences.  If you
use it on the road there are taxes to be paid.  The purpose of these taxes
are for Federal Highway construction and road maintenance etc.-- we all pay
a Fed. Excise Tax for this purpose and it is included  in the price of
gasoline. I suggest you contact the Fed. Alcohol and Firearms people ( not
exactly the correct name) for the rules and permitting etc.) Failure to do
so is a serious violation of the law. Now, contact the State Excise Tax
people and ask for the rules and regulations. I suggest you do not tell them
more than they need to know in order for them to send the regulations. Just
explain what you would "like to do" without telling exactly -- see what I
mean?  A "feasibility study" is a good way to explain it -- no one can fault
you for a study. OSHA should not be too much of a problem if the processing
system is well designed and safe,  the state may have some rules to follow.

Point: do it all "by the book" and you will not get into trouble. Taxes are
an added product cost to the user -- we can not escape that except by
cheating -- and that is never a good idea -- read the news.

If your business plan is well done and your raw material and process is cost
efficient, you will be successful. If these factors are not soundly based
you do not want to do it anyway.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Len Walde, P.E.