It seems the Cubans are sticking to their ideology, that everything there comes
from sugar cane.

They have all the resources (climate, land, Jatropha) to grow oil plants and
the possibility to use it directly in truck engines (IFA-trucks from former
East Germany) without conversion.

But nothing happens.

"Progress is a snail!"

Reinhard Henning

"Keith Addison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> http://tlent.home.igc.org/renewable%20energy%20in%20cuba.html
> Renewable Energy Development In Cuba:
> Sustainability Responds To Economic Crisis
> April, 1997
>
> ... "Cuban annual per capita energy consumption has dropped to about
> four barrels of oil equivalent, half of what it was before the
> Special Period. By comparison, the U.S. uses the equivalent of 59
> barrels of oil per person annually."...
>
> This is somewhat out of date, and there's no mention of biodiesel.
> I've read elsewhere that recycling of waste oil and fats into
> biodiesel is at a high level, but I see no more about it. Does anyone
> have more info on this?
>
> By the way, there's a study tour to Cuba being organized on the topic of:
>
> >SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE:
> >Cuba's Unprecedented Conversion to Organic Agriculture
>
> Contact:
>
> >U.S. Mailing Address:
> >Global Exchange
> >Cuba - Sustainable Development/Sarah Dotlich
> >2017 Mission Street, Suite #303
> >San Francisco, CA  94708
> >Phone 415-255-7296, ext 231
>
> This should include sustainable and renewable energy. If not, why not?
>
> Regards
>
> Keith
>

> Biofuels at Journey to Forever
> Biofuel at WebConX
> http://www.webconx.dns2go.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm
> List messages are archived at the Info-Archive at NNYTech:
> http://archive.nnytech.net/

bagani GbR, Reinhard Henning, Rothkreuz 11, D-88138 Weissensberg, Germany
Tel: ++49 8389 984129, Fax: 984128, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
internet: www.bagani.de

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/Ey.GAA/9bTolB/TM