http://tlent.home.igc.org/renewable%20energy%20in%20cuba.html
Renewable Energy Development In Cuba:
Sustainability Responds To Economic Crisis
April, 1997

... "Cuban annual per capita energy consumption has dropped to about
four barrels of oil equivalent, half of what it was before the
Special Period. By comparison, the U.S. uses the equivalent of 59
barrels of oil per person annually."...

This is somewhat out of date, and there's no mention of biodiesel.
I've read elsewhere that recycling of waste oil and fats into
biodiesel is at a high level, but I see no more about it. Does anyone
have more info on this?

By the way, there's a study tour to Cuba being organized on the topic of:

>SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE:
>Cuba's Unprecedented Conversion to Organic Agriculture

Contact:

>U.S. Mailing Address:
>Global Exchange
>Cuba - Sustainable Development/Sarah Dotlich
>2017 Mission Street, Suite #303
>San Francisco, CA  94708
>Phone 415-255-7296, ext 231

This should include sustainable and renewable energy. If not, why not?

Regards

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lbFSMD/ZQdDAA/Ey.GAA/9bTolB/TM