Hi Todd,

You could perhaps have added that soaps made from
saturated fats such as stearin are harder than those
made from unsaturated fats such as olein.

As a consequence, impure glycerol which contains
stearin-based soaps (coconut, tallow etc.) should be
more solid than a glycerol which contains olein-based
soaps. (Provided of course that they are similar in
concentration, dispersion etc. etc. etc.)

Regards

Michael Allen
Thailand

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/9bTolB/TM