Mike,
  I understand your position but I must still disagree with the method
being employed to reach the goal.

Todd,
  I must agressively disagree with your perception.  As someone who
has been there gone through the enlistment process and served for 21
years.  I know what goes on inside.

  I agree that a military recruiter will paint as "rosey" a picture of
service as possible, but no one has to volunteer.  No one is holding a
gun to your head and forcing you to enlist/accept a commision.  It is
interesting the much of the activism against the Military is located
at "Institutions of Higher Learning" were discourse and discussion is
supposted to be applauded, but the military which defends those rights
are not allowed to have free expression.

  I am sure that every job/position/employment you accepted was "void
of manipulation".  The only difference would be that you could simply
leave.

  To enter military service and then say, I dont want to go there! or
I don't want to do that! is simply childish selfcenterdness (sp).

  Protest the Government, Protest its policies, Work through your
elected officials, but protesting a member wearing a Military uniform
is dishonorable and violates that individuals right to free speech.

Larry