Keith Addison wrote:

Blood and milk, and it turns out they eat a lot of herbs and stuff too. Whether better or worse, it sustained them in superb health through many centuries.

This was my point! Some people recoil at the idea of eating dairy products, but the evidence often cited falls more effectively into the realm of opinion than objective, verified information. I know a lot of people who refuse to eat milk, eggs and cheese because they think these foods are harmful to their bodies, yet many traditional diets contain foods of this nature and the people who consume them live long, healthy and productive lives.

Part of this stems from the perception that we in the Western World are somehow intellectually superior, that our economic success underscores vaunted capability in every other realm. This is nothing more than racism.

You have to read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price about this, but I think you still demur because some silly person told you he supports eugenics, which is atrocious nonsense.

Actually, I downloaded the book quite some time ago and read the whole thing. It's influenced a profound change in my attitude toward animal product consumption. You're right that someone told me Dr. Price was a eugenicist, but the only things I found in the book that raised my eyebrows were his connections between diet and criminal behavior, and diet and Down's Syndrome. In my view he did not do an effective job of establishing the causal linkage he outlined.

I thought I had it on my computer somewhere, but I've just looked and I can't find it!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9782>