Garth & Kim Travis wrote:
Greetings,
If I may chime in here, Please, once you discover the horrors that the agribusiness way of raising animals is causing, buy 100% strictly grass fed meat.

I have a question I'd like to pose to those of you who are growing grass fed cattle. What happens with milk production? I've had several clients who own dairy farms, and these people insist that dairy cows must be fed some grain in order to produce high quality milk. Not having any experience in this area, I have nothing to say in response.

It seems, however, that so much factory farm mentality has crept into the way food is produced in North America, determining fact from myth is difficult. One of these clients laughed at my garden several weeks ago (after I told her I use no chemical fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides), but commented to me last week in great surprise that our plants are thriving. (Our corn looks every bit as good as hers, she said, even though we're at higher elevation and it's colder and drier where I live than in the valley.) Is the idea that dairy cattle MUST be fed grain in order to produce high quality milk a myth?

If so, what on earth did those poor ungulates do when they roamed the prairies in the wild?

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9782>