Hello Todd

I am seriously working on developing a commercial large scale bio diesel plant and am at the very early stages. at this point I am sourcing large scale biodiesel systems. I need your help-Is one system better than amnother? ie. Cost , output, system config etc. I am lookign for the overall best company that offers a great price and a good product. I am looking at a minimum output of 5 million gallons per year. i have sourced two companies so far-continuous flow batch systems and one company is asking $5 million and the other is asking $1.5 Million-a huge difference and I am now looking for help from all members. Recommendations? Can I set up my own plant of this scale that could meet all government standards for much less?
Todd Wootton

These are the best systems, by all accounts:

ENERGEA -- The next generation of biodiesel technology -- CTER "Continuous Trans Esterification Reactor" technology opens a new chapter in biodiesel production: up to 50% lower cost of investment, turn-key modules the size of a container, multi-feed-stock technology, production capacity 5000 to 100,000 mt/a or more, high quality fuel according to EN 14214 standard. Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.energea.at/

Biodiesel Technologies GmbH, Vienna, Austria -- Compact biodiesel manufacturing plants installed in a 20-ft container frame, ready to operate, multi-feedstock re-esterification, with final conditioning of biodiesel. Product range: CPU and FRU unit (with 500 and 1000 litres per hour capacity) and IPU 1200 unit (with 1200 litres per hour capacity). Contact: Dr. L. Kondor, Marketing Director, 1130 Vienna, Austria, Hietzinger Hauptstrasse 50. tel. + 43 1 877 0553, fax: + 43 1 877 8446, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.biodieseltechnologies.com

BioDiesel International of Austria uses re-esterification in its multi-feedstock production system to handle fresh plant oils and/or waste cooking oils and/or animal fats and/or animal fats and fatty acids (as much as 20%), with no loss of free fatty acids, 0% wastes, 0% waste water and no disposal costs, resulting in pure biodiesel plus glycerine (for use in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries) plus a solid fertilizer for agricultural use (potassium phosphate). Yield is 100%: 1 kg of raw material makes 1 kg of high-quality biodiesel.
http://www.biodiesel-intl.com

All Austrian. Austria has been way out in front with biodiesel for 25 years. Your scheme might be a bit small though. Camillo Holecek of ENERGEA told me it's not economically viable for plants with capacity lower than about 20,000 metric tonnes a year, which is about 60 million US gallons. Still, why not ask?

Best wishes

Keith

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home Office (905)473-5646
Cellular         (905)751-8181