Kirk,

We will always have problems with the US payback times. Look at Iraq,

According to the Geneva convention, US and UK have the responsibility to create a safe environment for its inhabitants. Instead they created an unsafe environment and by that allowed and encouraged their troops to commit war crimes. They should have know better, since history proves that if you occupy a country against its will, the methods to subdue resistance from the population, will automatically lead to war crimes.

The whole pattern in Iraq, with minimizing costs and troops for security, is a question of payback times. US thought that they could attack and occupy Iraq and get the money back from oil production. Instead they created an enormous financial problem for themselves, something that many, including myself, warned about before the invasion.

US and UK have the responsibility, according to Geneva convention and International law, the responsibility to rebuild Iraq. Instead we see US propaganda, which is painting US as benevolent, when they on occasion restore electricity and water for the population. They had no problems with lack of it, before the invasion. US and UK have the financial responsibility to do so, but instead they make it dependent on donations from the rest of the world. It is a question of payback times for US and it is a war crime.

The US quest for pay back times, resulted in the very large problems of "terror attacks". Yes, US have moved their fight abroad, to Iraq, Spain and UK.

Hakan