I expect the occupation to grow. Either the US will influence politics enough to have the appearance of home rule or if that fails then it will be more obvious they are under US control. At any rate something as valuable as all that oil will be commandeered and don't be surprised if the "conflict" expands.
Kirk

Hakan Falk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kirk,

We will always have problems with the US payback times. Look at Iraq,

According to the Geneva convention, US and UK have the responsibility to
create a safe environment for its inhabitants. Instead they created an
unsafe environment and by that allowed and encouraged their troops to
commit war crimes. They should have know better, since history proves that
if you occupy a country against its will, the methods to subdue resistance
from the population, will automatically lead to war crimes.

The whole pattern in Iraq, with minimizing costs and troops for security,
is a question of payback times. US thought that they could attack and
occupy Iraq and get the money back from oil production. Instead they
created an enormous financial problem for themselves, something that many,
including myself, warned about before the invasion.

US and UK have the responsibility, according to Geneva convention and
International law, the responsibility to rebuild Iraq. Instead we see US
propaganda, which is painting US as benevolent, when they on occasion
restore electricity and water for the population. They had no problems with
lack of it, before the invasion. US and UK have the financial
responsibility to do so, but instead they make it dependent on donations
from the rest of the world. It is a question of payback times for US and it
is a war crime.

The US quest for pay back times, resulted in the very large problems of
"terror attacks". Yes, US have moved their fight abroad, to Iraq, Spain and
UK.

Hakan