Hi all,

I might also add that the chemical industry has no problem selling even more poisonous materials to farmers. Farmers are professionals who go out and obtain information any way they can. You don't have to have a PhD to do science or handle chemicals safely but you should know how to read a material safety data sheet and assess how much risk you are personally willing to take. I don't need a bunch of phony regulations inhibiting my aquisition of knowledge by experimentation.

Tom Irwin

From: Keith Addison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:14:47 -0300
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] emulsion wash test

Hello Ray(pl)

>Ray J
>
>I would agree with your visual acuity. However, the key to any
>chemical lab work is that the worker is not to be exposed to the
>process fumes. It is air pollution in concentrated form. Not to
>be disrespectful, but you are viewing the low-budget handiwork of
>untrained mechanics (for the most part). If there are any who made
>such displays in spite of being professionals then they should be
>ashamed.

With all due respect, DIY handiworkers are not necessarily either
dumb or hamfisted, they can be very skilled and often are, and in
this case they have good information available (as well as bad
information). Also with all due respect, professional engineers can
be quite likely to spend $10,000 building a brand new steel fence
around a bamboo grove, though a bamboo fence would've been just fine.
They're just as vulnerable to bad information as anyone else.

snip