Probably the best source of good and reliable information on chemical
pollution of all kinds is Rachel's.
http://www.rachel.org/

Rachel's Environment & Health News is excellent:

http://www.rachel.org/bulletin/index.cfm?St=1
Environmental Research Foundation - Rachel's Weekly

Try PANUPS/PANNA for pesticide info:

http://www.panna.org/
Pesticide Action Network North America (PANNA)

http://www.panna.org/resources/resources.html
PANNA: Resource Library

Hook line and sinker eh Nancy? You won't manage to tar us so easily
with either one brush or the other. Take John's advice, we're a lot
more rigorous than you are. It's you who's swallowing it whole and
it's the stuff of conspiracy theory, as John says - which, please, is
NOT to say that there are no conspiracies, but it is to say that the
uncritical and sloppy thinking of conspiracy theorists and the cloud
of dust they invariably kick up makes serious investigation much more
difficult and probably does more to help hide conspiracies than to
reveal them.

As for the FDA, there's this, among much else:

How a New Policy Led to Seven Deadly Drugs
Los Angeles Times
Wednesday, December 20, 2000
Medicine: Once a wary watchdog, the Food and Drug Administration set
out to become a "partner" of the pharmaceutical industry. Today, the
public has more remedies, but some are proving lethal.

A good series of articles, no longer available online at the LA
Times. The main story is now here:

http://www.drugawareness.org/Archives/Miscellaneous/122002Howanew.html

I'll post it in full along with the individual cases, which I don't
think are online anywhere else, they might as well be here, and maybe
it'll establish a sort of bottom line on the subject in the archives,
which is a pretty good source already.

Best wishes

Keith