Hey Ken;

Liquids are almost uncompressable.  Fill the tube with water and put a cap on each end with a compression fitting (swagelok etc) (underwater of course no bubbles allowed - you could probaly fill the tube and then tilt it up at one end and tape a bag around it with the tube poked through and fill the bag with water to put the remaining cap on) and then go ahead and bend your tubing.  I have not tried this but have been told that it works.  Filling with sand can be a problem in getting the sand out of the bend afterward.  With a reducing union it should be able to be done with coaxial pipe as well.

Hope it helps.

Joe

Mike Weaver wrote:
Maybe I'm losing my mind but I swear I used to have a kit w/ different
head and a long bar that I used to bend copper pipe.  I remember it as being
very cheap (under 100.00 USD) at someplace like Norther Tool or Harbor
Freight.  Of cource I haven't done any plumbing in over 20 years - maybe
the don't make it any more.

-Mike

Kjell Löfgren wrote:

Ken, to avoid the tube bending business you can use a plate heat
exchanger - more compact but if DIY you have to do some welding.  Cut
two equally sized pieces of *thin* stainless steel plate. Make about
two dimples about 2 mm deep on every square 10 cm of the plate with a
ball-peen(sp?) hammer (work on a wooden bench!). Weld the two plates
together all around the edges with the sides with the raised dimples
facing each other.
Grind away the weld and cone out openings for the short pieces of
pipes where the fluid goes in and out (on opposite corners). The short
pipe pieces are welded in place.
Carefully pressurize the unit with very low air pressure - less
than 0.05 kg/cm2 - and test for leaks with soap water, remember to use
clamps or something to hold the plates together or you end up with a
pressurized 'football'!
Make two or more of these units and submerge in whatever storage tank
you use, you can connect them in series or in parallel as long as you
avoid air pockets.
The size of the plates is as big as needed but keep in mind that these
DIY units are not meant to be used with internal pressure!  Pressure
can maybe be used inside the storage tank but the numbers of dimples
have to be increased.
Also beware of air pressure in large containers - even a small
pressure can add up to large forces and even blow the container!

Stainless steel rods for welding and a TIG welding equipment is also
needed - a skilled TIG welding buddy will make things easier if you
don't have the know-how.