From: Ken Dunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Double wall heat exchange - Solar Hot Water Heater
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:53:41 -0400
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org

Kjell,

I will certainly give this a try for my own purposes, it seems simple
enough. But, I can operate a TIG and have access to one.
Unfortunately, a TIG welder and the associated experience are not
widely spread. I do want to keep this project as Appropriate as
possible. So, I'm trying to find materials that are as readily
available as possible. Also, I plan to use propolene glycol so, there
is the issue of double walls. I could certainly adapt this idea
accordingly. Its really too bad that brazing the plate together
wouldn't be sufficient - that would make it an easier DIY.

Thanks a bunch,
Take care,
Ken

On 9/27/05, Kjell Löfgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Ken, to avoid the tube bending business you can use a plate heat exchanger -
> more compact but if DIY you have to do some welding. Cut two equally sized
> pieces of *thin* stainless steel plate. Make about two dimples about 2 mm
SNIP

Radiance Heating and Plumbing, Inc. (ROC 204149,204150)
Tom Scheel
928-380-6294