On 9/27/05, Kjell Löfgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ken, why not use straight tubes (if you have the space), one tube
> length (20 feet?) in one direction and the next tube length running
> back? You could put your three (four?) tubes into each other both ways
> and have a U-bend and some interconnections in the far end. You get all
> the in- and output in the nearest end of the tube package.

This seems like a pretty good idea.  20 feet is much more space than I
have to offer but, I could probably figure out a way to contain a
tube-in-tube design inside a large diameter pvc pipe (6 ft long or so)
capped at both ends and plumbed to create a homemade shell and tube
heat exchanger.  I'll have to look at the economics of this design.