From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris lloyd
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:00 AM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] atkins

> Either way, I'm not a candidate for the Atkins diet simply because of my cholesterol level.. <

No problem, there was a scientific study done on the Atkins diet in the UK early this year, weight, blood pressure and cholesterol tested every day and food consumption monitored. It seems people on that diet just do not eat as many calories as people eating carbs. They even had the test subjects locked in an air chamber monitoring the amount of waste gas being produced to work out energy lost in gas production and oily stools. But they did not expect the lower cholesterol levels and could not explain how the dropped. They thought that fresh cooked meat was better for you than processed and the oil used in cooking should only be used once and then dumped.  Chris.

Wessex Ferret Club
www.wessexferretclub.co.uk