Gary,

It sure would be appreciated if you would substantiate some of your
claims. You imply in an almost sweeping manner that the marchers are the
ones who provoke and instigate riotous behavior.

Seems as if you're almost oblivious to the provocative actions of
constabularies and misfits of opposing belief/opinion or just downright
agitators who are there for no other reason than to provoke violence for
violence sake.

Just because agitators generate violence in what starts out and is
intended to end as a peaceful protest is not sufficient reason to call
it something else. It's not the protest that's violent, it's generally
the response.

As for declaring that peaceful protest is not effective gives the
implication that only violent protest is. And words such as "iron fist
inside silk glove" imply that persons such as King or marchers in
general are the ones out to provoke - that the intent is there before
the first shoe lace was tied that morning.

This isn't a matter of "stomping on" anyone, much less anyone's
"heroes." This is nonsense and propagandizing of the highest order.

It's almost starting to come across as if your "politics" are of a firm
proponent of installing designated protest areas, replete with 10' tall
fences lined with razor wire, three miles away from where a protest
might be effectlively conducted.

Something tells me that as a police chief, Mr. Green, that you might all
too readily forget the freedoms that are accorded to citizens in some
countries, even to the point of helping to instigate and/or elevate
problems that need neither occur nor get out of hand. Such a hand is
what proves to be the iron hand - usually a hand found at a high vantage
point, orchestrating pointed strikes/arrests.

God help the bystander or pedestrian or someone not smoking a hand made
instead of a tailor made on such a day, because that's how little it
takes to get your skull caved in.

Todd Swearingen