Dear Gustl,

> From: Gustl Steiner-Zehender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:26:51 -0400
> To: mark manchester <Biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
> Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Bring the Sixties Out of the Closet
>
> Hallo Jesse,
>
> Hey  dere!  So  how's by you, eh? Well, I know a fellow named Mark who
> used to live in Manchester, Michigan.
>
> Wednesday, 12 April, 2006, 18:00:11, you wrote:
>
> mm> Hi Gustl, Mike,
> mm> No  one  ever  answers my posts (except Keith, our hero), so I can
> mm> blithely write on this delightfully off-topic topic.
>
> ...snip...
>
> mm> Balance  of  idealism  and  practicality  indeed.  But what kid is
> mm> practical?  Bringing  up  the  question  of  when is it that human
> mm> beings  become  1)  aware  of their mortaility 2) humbled by it 3)
> mm> able   to  get  anybody  to  listen  to  them.  I  mean  this  not
> mm> morphologically, but as a maturity thing.
>
> mm> Kids  today!  So  accountable!  Like  THEY have to fix everything.
> mm> While  listening  to  the  Beatles!!!  (I  have  not criticized my
> mm> children  on  this,  incidentally, they are still impressed that I
> mm> know all the words.)
>
> Well,  I  just  arrived home and downloaded my mail and see that Keith
> has  already  answered you.  The only things I have to add are that it
> is the balance which is of primary importance and I like Frank Sinatra
> as  well  as Frank Zappa.  Well, I guess I should add that if you want
> to hear the best album ever recorded, IMNSHO, try and find Willis Alan
> Ramsey.   He  only  made one album and it had his name.  Every song on
> the  thing is a winner.

I'll take any advice in music that you offer.  I'm sure you're very
discerning.  I'm rushing out to find this Willis Alan Ramsey.

>My taste in music is eclectic in the extreme.
> We  once  had  to  write an essay on our favorite type of music and it
> wouldn't  have  taken me an essay to tell that...good music.  You know
> it  when  you  hear  it  even if you don't understand the language the
> words  are in or recognize the instruments which are being played. ;o)
>
> Hope  you get some other answers brother.  I can't imagine Keith being
> the only one to answer any post on this list.  hahaha
>
> Happy Happy,
>
> Gustl

Thanks Gustl!  Mark is my husband, sorry that my email name is so confusing.
I have been reprimanded about this and should fix it, dammit!  Thanks for
answering my mail, but more, thanks for your many thoughtful and helpful
posts, you are a very compassionate and informed person and I always rush to
open your letters.
Jesse