I'm a 39 year old, first generation "head banger" and grew up listening to Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Accept, Ozzy, Hendrix, Crue, Zappa, etc. In high school, I had shoulder length hair and spent my time with lots of garage mechanics who liked to make their cars go fast (I went to a trade school).

My taste in music has broadened since high school and I get into everything from Beethoven to bag pipes to Slayer. Most important, I listen to the words (when there are words) and I think Zack is a gifted poet.

I've quoted him once before (alongside Lincoln):
http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg60453.html

Some of the most powerful lyrics I've ever heard comes from his song "Born of a Broken Man"

His thoughts like a hundred moths
Trapped in a lampshade
Somewhere within
Their wings banging and burning
On through endless night
Forever awake he lies shaking and starving
Praying for someone to turn off the light

I think it's right up there with Joni Mitchell's "The Fiddle and the Drum" and even some of Dylan's stuff.

...motivation for fighting propaganda from that rag, The Economist.

Mike

Jason & Katie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
how old are you mike?
not often do i see Rage's lyrics in a conversation.