Hey Randall,
its greed just greed and again greed and only greed!
Fritz
----- Original Message -----
From: Randall
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Are Americans torturers or supporters of torture?

Hakan,

To answer your question:  No.  Your questions imply that ALL Americans have
proof about systematic and long-term torture, and quite simply I do not
believe that you have the evidence to support that assertion.  What other
countries have been reported to and are listed with Amnesty International as
having employed torture?    Are you going to issue the same indictment of
the citizens of those countries as well?

Aren't ALL member nations in the UN responsible for not forcing ALL
countries to stop using torture?  Using your assertion, aren't the citizens
of all those countries responsible as well?   Yes, I know it is easy to say
that the US has a veto on the Security Council...but why not simply change
the system??  Sitting back and just saying that they cannot is the same as
the comparison to 1930's and 1940's Nazi Germany.

Simply having a vote does not imply responsibilty, much less confer the
ability to force the action (or non-action) of a government.    This does
not excuse torture...but nor does it solve it either.   I believe you need
to first figure out what makes humans CAPABLE of torture then you can
address the REASONS that humans employ torture.

--Randall

<< Heisenberg may have slept here >>

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my
xe."  --Abraham Lincoln