Dear Mikes,
I'm on to you with wonderful Schumacher, what a delight.  With your
neighbours, what IS their problem.  This would clearly be an
unpleasant experience, first thing in the morning, when you step out
to smeeeellll the flowers.  Now, me, my rainbarrels are municipally
supplied!!!  The neighbourhood kids think it's so fun to come over
and get wet!  I don't really know how to be sunny about your
neighbourly disparity, but humm, there must be some common ground
somewhere.  What do THEY like to do?  Play crib?
Further, I feel your presidential aspirations are entirely appropriate.
Jesse