More info below the article in the comments section
Kirk

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The technology looks interesting, but the article takes a tone of
uncritical boosting. There is nothing about

cost
cycle efficiency
amount of vanadium resource in proportion to possible applications
how it works
relation to other technologies (this is one of a family of flow batteries)
energy density in relation to alternatives

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Kirk McLoren wrote:

> http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/04/the_vanadium_ba.php
>
> A new mass energy storage technology is on the cusp of entering mainstream society. The Japanese are currently using it on a grand scale, the Canadians have comprehensively evaluated it and soon Australians will have the opportunity to replace their old lead-acid batteries with a Vanadium Redox Battery alternative. There are no emissions, no disposal issues, no loss of charge, the construction materials are 'green' and the battery can be charged and discharged simultaneously. So, is the Vanadium Battery as good as it sounds and more importantly, is it the solution to our energy storage problems?
> Quite simply...Yes.

[snip]