http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-galloway_060806,00.html

> Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list
> archives (50,000 messages):

> his over all view is that he is sickened by the
pictures he sees, on sky news every hour, of burned
and maimed babies and children. the double standard of
the countries like UK and USA is apparent.
Please listen to the former president Carter who is an
intellectual not lunatic like Bush.

Source: cnn
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/08/05/carter.mideast.ap/

Carter: Bush Israel's 'worst ally' in D.C.

PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Michigan (AP) -- Former President
Carter, who helped broker the historic Camp David
peace accord, said President Bush has pursued an
"erroneous policy" that has fostered violence in the
Middle East.

Carter said the United States should work for an
immediate cease-fire between Israel and Hezbollah and
the world community should concentrate on a long-term
solution, but he is uncertain whether Bush can
accomplish a cease-fire.

"It depends on whether world opinion is strong enough
to get the administration to change its erroneous
policy, which has been to encourage the continuation
of attacks on both sides," Carter, a Democrat, told
The Grand Rapids Press in an interview Friday.

Carter's comments came a day before the U.S. and
France agreed on a draft U.N. Security Council
resolution that calls for an end to the fighting
between Israel and Hezbollah, but would allow Israel
to defend itself if attacked. ( Full story)

As president, Carter helped broker the Camp David
peace accord between Israel and Egypt, the first peace
deal between the Jewish state and an Arab nation.

"In my opinion, maybe the worst ally Israel has had in
Washington has been the George W. Bush administration,
which hasn't worked to bring a permanent peace to
Israel," Carter told the newspaper.

Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, were in Kent County's
Plainfield Township, near Grand Rapids, on Friday to
attend a fundraiser for their son, Jack, who has
launched a longshot bid to oust Nevada Republican Sen.
John Ensign.

President Carter also called for a withdrawal of U.S.
troops from Iraq.

"In my opinion, we should make every effort now to
withdraw American troops from Iraq," Carter said. "I
would say certainly begin a major withdrawal no later
than the end of this year."