Whole 'nother kettle of fish.  I was responding to the notion that OBL
didn't deserve due process - that the US has
the right to just kill him because we feel like it - which I don't agree
with.  If GWB had had any sense he'd have kept the goodwill that
radiated our way after 9/11
captured OBL AS he promised, and brought charges with the consent of the UN.

I'd have to go looking, but I *do* (usual list caveat - don't have the
citation at hand, so I'm not hanging my argument on it yet) think
there's a tape of OBL claiming credit for 9/11 - which I think would
suffice.

As to the US and the ICC - well, we only want it applied to other countries.

And I think GWB has managed to isolate the US from the entire world.  I
also can't say the US hasn't broken just about every convention there is.
There's a piece in this week's Washington Post arguing that OBL has
already won; the US just hasn't realized it yet.

More later - have to go work.