Kirk McLoren wrote:
> No - the beta carotene is water soluble.

want to bet?  I guess you wouldn't trust me, but regardless, I worked
with the stuff last spring, I had a student examine the UV spectra of
beta carotene (dissolved in benzene) vs the spectrum of red palm oil.
the are essentially identical.  the point is I know that the stuff
water insoluble.  Just look at the chemical structure- its a
hydrocarbon.
------------------------
  BETA-CAROTENE
SOLUBILITY IN WATER, insoluble. pH. VAPOR DENSITY. REFRACTIVE INDEX
... One molecule of beta-carotene splits into two molecules of vitamin
A and thus ...
www.chemicalland21.com/lifescience/foco/BETA-CAROTENE.htm - 65k -
Cached - Similar pages
--------------------------------

now you find me a citation where it says the stuff is water soluble.

  The premise is the body wont
> make a toxic level of vitamin A from it.
> As for quack watch they are a bunch of quacks. Good god Bob what do you
> expect a bunch of allopaths to say about non allopathic medicine?

    ah yes, allopathy, otherwise known as science-based medicine vs
homeopathy, otherwise known as nonsense.

It
> will be a cold day in hell when they give an unprejudiced report. Our
> metasticised cancer cure rate is no better than before -- after 30 years
> of "war on cancer" The only improvement the allopaths have is earlier
>  detection.

do you have a reference for that statistic?  Is it from the same
source that informed you about the solubility of beta carotene? I do
know that for most cancers both morbidity and mortality are both down
over the last 30 yrs.

see the rather extensive files available at

    http://www.cancer.gov/statistics/

  And we are to bend our knee and kiss their ring? I think not.

just you kirk, not me. ;->

> As for non Harvard data base modalities the cesium chloride mouse study
> was interesting yet all we see is is the American Cancer Society warning
> about toxicity.

  you lost me here, direct me to a reference to the CsCl study

The master poisoners - and that is what chemotherapy

um, this would be ad hominem by proxy attack?
is
> - discourage cesium because the ld50 is 160 grams or thereabouts.

the simplest probe of toxicity is LD50 usually expressed as mass/unit
body wt.  You gave me a number that is undefined. From the literature
one finds:

Oral rat LD50: 2004 mg/kg. Oral mouse LD50: 2306 mg/kg. Investigated
as a mutagen and reproductive effector.

> I'm curious Bob what the ld50 for NaCl is.

  ORL-RAT LD50 3000 mg kg-1 this stuff is really easy to get kirk, I
send my students to the literature every day for toxicological data

I think 160 grams of table
> salt could be quite an ordeal.
> So the ACS hype is just that perhaps. The university study claimed
> remission in 97% of the mice if I recall correctly. So where is the
> double blind study?
>
> LEF hosts the federal paper.

  Not their work - and the study was vitamin