Hi Bob;

I said it before and I'll say it again. Who's gonna spend the money to scientifically prove something they cannot control, works?  Just for this reason there isn't much to go on but testimony.  However the corollary, someone with a lot of money, and who stands to lose a lot would see it as a good investment to publish information which makes herbs look bad, now that is a good possibility, vis big oil's spending on anti-global warming research and disinformation campaign. However much you may be able to shoot me down on this, I'll go ahead and say it;  there is something sorta scientific we can say in this case.  We rely on statistical information so heavily, sure a handful of bought testimonials are worthless but what about generations worth? What about a thousand years worth?  It's not a double blind study but obviously something is up and people are on to it. If something is crap and is hyped up with bought and paid for testimonials, it's not gonna stand the test of time is it?  Another example? Nobody has a scientific explanation for acupuncture but they do major operations without anaesthetic and recoveries are better without poisoning the body with anaesthetic.  It's been known to work for a long time but nobody can explain it.  Perhaps our science isn't good enough yet. Should we abandon accupuncture on this principle then?

Joe

bob allen wrote:
Guys, can't we get past testimonies for evidence?

Terry Dyck wrote:

Hi Bob,

Many herbs have been used in parts of Europe, Asia, South America and by
Northern American Natives for  thousands of years.

so?

   Ayurvedic doctors of

India have studied herbs for centuries

and they drink their urine, so what?

and so have Chinese herbal

practicianers.

they also use tiger penises and bears gall bladders, so what?

  Aspirin can cause problems with the stomach lining.

but not as bad a willow bark salicin
  It can

also cause problems with joints if used over a long period of time.  I have
never heard of anyone having side effects from taking White Willow Bark.

uh, testimonial again.  sorry

Terry Dyck