Joe,
     You wrote:
    "This would produce harmonic mixing and would result in the generation of
two new wavelengths which are the sum and difference frequencies of the
original light sources."

     I don't plan to try it at home, but I don't doubt this to be true.
     I can't see how stimulating an organism to emit light would get around the
difficulties of resolution at magnifications necessary to see viruses  ....
alive or not.
     Organisms that emit light naturally are still subject to the limitations
nature seems to have imposed on our various light microscopes. Fluoroscopic
techniques ....  binding fluorescent antibodies to cells ... allows for
ID/sorting of cells including microbes, but the glowing cells can only be
magnified to about 1000X (light microscope)  1400X with UV microscopes.

     I am curious about the "harmonic mixing" you refer to.
     The monochromatic light sources ....  laser generated?
     Only two wavelengths generated?  .... one the sum and one the difference
of the original wavelengths ....    No heat?
      I ask about the heat because the brightness of the field of view of a
microscope is inversely proportional to the magnification. At 6000X a very high
illumination, or emission of light would be necessary in order to see anything.
Heat could be bad.
      Would the object continue to emit light after the sources were stopped (a
la glow in the dark frisbees ...  electrons doing quantum leaps)? Would there
be pulses or continuous flow?

     "This would require that both the source waves be focused onto a point
whch has the property of a semiconducting junction ."

     The points we are referring to are microscopic ..... a trillion viruses in
a period (New Times Roman 12) at the end of a sentence.
     I'm only asking, Joe  ....  Is it reasonably possible to achieve harmonic
mixing on a microscope slide and would it somehow allow for magnifications,
using glass lenses, that are not achievable w/o it?

"I have an environmental SEM capable of operating at higher pressures which are
less damaging to tissues and also negating the need to coat the sample with
gold in order to mitigate surface charging but the high energy electron beam
would still kill living organisms."

     In the context of high magnification, I drifted towards Transmission
rather than Scanning Electron Microscopes.
     Saying that electron microscopes kill organisms seems to me like saying
ovens kill chickens. Just as the environment of a hot oven would bring about
the demise of a chicken, the environment of electron microscopes, would, in
fact, kill most organisms. Typically, however, the demise occurs during
preparation. Saying that electron microscopes kill organisms may just be poor
wording, but it reinforces my suspicions that there are serious flaws in the
article.
     The whole concept may work for all I know. I don't understand the Rife
Machine, and would not dismiss it out of hand. I simply find myself distracted
by what I see as little red flags popping up  ..... I could be wrong.

     Don't want to be argumentative   ...  certainly not w. you. I wouldn't
want to cramp D's style either. As I have said  ....  I follow his posts w.
interest and often print and re-read them.
            Best wishes
                         Tom