It sounds like you're all talking about a kinda
large-scale operation here, so I'm not sure how useful
this will be...but I just built a worm-bin for the
place I work, and have one at home as well...and I
find that they work faster and better for my
composting needs than a conventional composting bin. I
crafted my latest bin out of untreated cedar siding
leftover from a construction project.

However, I suppose that for larger volume applications
such as lawn trimmings, I'd second the pallet idea.

Good luck,
Luke