Wes Moore wrote:

> Hi Keith

<snip>

> N.B. over unity and free energy are not the same. While the energy to
> pump the lever is not considered free energy it can be considered over
> unity just as a person with a car jack can use perhaps 20 lbs of force
> to lift a 2 ton car. I agree with being skeptical. However, it would
> not be surprising to me if energy interests use a portion of their
> might to discredit anything deemed to threaten the profit line.

As I see it, a car jack is far from overunity, the kinetic energy you
put into a jack, (hydraulic for example) requires a lot of repetitions
of the one action, which will lift a car a small distance.  This gives
the car potential energy, (mass, gravity)  It is the same with lifting
with a lever, or a block and tackle.  the distance you move to effect a
movement in a heavy mass will increase proportionately with the ratio of
lever length, or number of pulleys in the machine that is being used to
convert your work.

doug

--

Contentment comes not from having more, but from wanting less.

All generalizations are false.  Including this one.